Tuesday 3 May 2011

Scene Two

Scene two gives the viewer a insight into the kind of predicaments and bad luck Balloon Boy gets him self into. Keeping the scene simple and uncluttered was my first design choice. The use of a simple lamp shade would be only object in the scene. The lamp was downloaded for free from an internet site (www.turbosquid.com).



The scene had two key elements; light and the fly. It was important to have the light go out without the scene going to dark. To do this I used two lights one was a directional spot light that shone on the lamp and Balloon Boy and the other was a omni light that I placed right on the shade itself. This light brightened up the shade and emitted a bit more light onto Balloon Boy.



The star of the scene I think is the fly! He buzzes around the light and character until the light goes out and he lays to rest on the end of his nose. I thought this would be an amusing little end to the sketch. I tried to make the fly turn nicely in the air like a real fly would. First I animated the positions I wanted the fly on the time line then I created a utility for the fly. In the Utility panel I clicked on 'More' and then chose 'Follow/Bank'.

No comments:

Post a Comment