Wednesday 11 May 2011

Scene Seven - Part 1

The first part of this scene is meant to give a reason for Balloon Boy to be let go outside so he can be hit by the jet. I liked the idea that the fly is the reason that he goes up. The male character I did at first want to be a little girl but I thought the hand looked like an adults. (and I would of had to find a girl to do the voice!)


The fly starts to annoy the character he moves around. Here it didn't look very realistic because the string looks like a solid rod. As soon as the hand opens the string shoots out.

In the scene I pointed a directional light on to the hand to give a nice dark shadow inside the hand. This was good because even though I added a my own skin material and bump map it didnt make the nails on the hand look good so the shaddows helped cover these up.

Timing the animation to the voice recording was the key here to make it look believable. When he says "Take that fly" the hand must close shut the fly must be in the hand and the fly sound must stop all at once. Once rendered it look quite good. It was quite a lot of effort to do such a small scene but I thought it was essential to get the sketch going and it broke up the amount Balloon Boy will be seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment