Wednesday 11 May 2011

Scene Seven

For this scene I needed a human hand to hold the balloon. The hand model was downloaded from turbosquid.com and then placed over a biped. The next stage was to add a skin modifier to the hand. This would prove quite tricky because all of the vertices had to be weighted properly to each finger. After a lot of tweaking I finally got the fingers working, although it wasn't perfect and there were parts of the model that crunched up, but it looked O.k for the short shot I needed to take.

I was thinking of having Balloon Boy in shot but there were a couple of reasons why I didn't. First the hand looked too small if he was in the shot and it looked strange that only the hand could be seen. Secondly I wanted the string to act realistically so I tried to use the rope reactor but it didn't seem to work properly because I couldn't get it to move like it was attached to a balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment