Wednesday 4 May 2011

New Scene - Balloon Animal

Looking at my story board I felt there needed to be a balloon animal sketch. I'm not to sure where the sketch will go in the sequence but I feel this isn't important until I finally put the sketches together. The problem I had with animating the balloon animal was that it would be very difficult to animate hands and the the balloon twist into shape. My first thought was to use a trick that 2D animators would use, they would draw clouds to show fast moving and busy animations, for example fight scenes would often have arms and legs poking out of the cloud.


As this is a 3D animation I couldn't find away to recreate this so I thought it would be nice to just concentrate on the facial expressions of the main character. I recorded some distressed vocals that Balloon boy could be lip synced to and I found a nice sound effect of a balloon being twisted and rubbed. Combining these two effects with some eye movement I was hopping to trick the viewer into thinking there was something else going on.



In the final part of the sketch the Balloon animal in shown in full. Here I added the sound of a child laughing to accentuate the embarrassment Balloon Boy may be having and the fact that he has an audience. Last but no means least I added the fly that was in scene two. I thought it would be nice to have a recurring joke that will slightly link the sketches together.


No comments:

Post a Comment