Thursday 5 May 2011

Intro Scene

For the intro I already had an angle that I wanted to lean towards. I liked the style of the Old cartoon intros from the 40s and 50s. Cartoons such as Merrie Melody's, Loony Tunes and Disney used a simple intro that was easily recognizable.



The character would be at the centre of the animation and sometimes they would say their catchphrase with a silly tune playing as backing music. Taking these ideas into consideration I wanted to make sometime similar.



Firstly I searched the internet for good background that wasn't too bright and would would compliment the colourful Balloon character. Next I looked on freesounds.com to see if I could find a silly song to grab peoples attention.



The balloon shaped font was called Greetoon Highlight. This was created by adding a extrude modifier to the text then copying the text and then moving it behind but this time with a bevel modifier attached to it. This made the text bulge out making a nice thick border around the text.



The idea to has the singing balloons rising up through the screen came to me late. The vocals on the song made me chuckle so much that I wanted to add some kind of animation to them. As this Balloon Boy cartoon would part of a series I thought it would be right to give it a strong into and the other different coloured balloon may turn up in future sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment