Wednesday 11 May 2011

Scene Seven - Part 2

In the second part of the scene Balloon Boy looks down and laughs at the fate of the fly not actually realising that he is in trouble. I wanted to show of a few different types of emotion. First I want him to be happy and a bit cocky next I want him to show panic and sadness then finally scarred and petrified. This would be hard to get them emotions across in a small space of time.


To set this scene up I first added a camera to the scene and linked it to balloon boy so when he moved up the camera would follow him. Next I created some clouds. This were made simply by going into the Gizmo panel then choosing the Gizmo Box from the Atmospheric Apparatus drop down. Here I created lots of random boxes in the rough shape of a cloud. Next I went to the environment and Effects window and choose Volume Fog under atmospheres. Then I could pick the Gizmo boxes from the section bellow and change the parameters to make the cloud look realistic.

The clouds were then duplicated and position above the balloon so he past them. This would give the impression of him rising high into the sky. I also added a windy sound effect to make it some like it was a bit more turbulent up there.


In the back ground I positioned a 747 Jumbo Jet (turbosquid.com) that was on a collision course with our main character. This ended up being the trickiest part of the scene. First I needed to scale the Jet up so it looked realistic, next I had to make the Jet hit Balloon Boy at the exact time and at a high speed. I did this by changing the animation tangents to linear so the Jet didn't slow down. I also had to place the Jet along way back in the scene so it looked fast and was in the background for the hole scene and try. It wasn't as straight forward as I thought it would be!

Finally I wanted to give Balloon Boy a final face of terror. To do this I used the FFD boxes I created earlier. The problem I had with these boxes is that I couldn't get them to move with my model for some reason. (Wouldn't link!?!) So what I did was place the boxes at the top of the balloons trajectory so when the balloon reached them his eyes would stretch. I also added the sound of the Jet to co-inside with the scream.



No comments:

Post a Comment